Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, which means at no additional cost to you, I may receive a commission for items purchased. But don’t worry, I never recommend products that I don’t believe in.
Mothers Day Cards
The perfect Mothers Day cards can be hard to find. I know I’ve spent hours looking through and reading all the cards in the store, but I’m a huge fan of homemade cards! I’d much rather get a hand-made card from my kids than a card that cost $9.99 from the grocery store. Mother’s Day is right around the corner and what better way to show mom some love than a beautiful hand-made card? This adorable card is the perfect way to say “I love you!” Not to mention that it’s simple and easy to make! I bet you have most of the materials laying our the house. This card even includes a little keepsake that mom can show off proudly!
What you’ll need:
- Mother’s Day Card Heart Template
- Hole punch
- Clear, adhesive contact paper or laminating pouch and personal laminator
- Card stock or construction paper (any color)
- Tissue paper or colored paper
- Glitter (optional)
- string or yarn
- marker, crayons, or colored pencils
Now that you have all your materials, let’s get started!
- First, print out the FREE heart template. There is a 1 and 2 on the heart so you know which one to use. Fold your card stock or construction paper in half, “hamburger style.” Use the #1 heart and cut out a heart-shaped window in your card stock or construction paper.
- Then, write the words “I love you to pieces!” on the front side of the card. See the photo for reference.
- Set the card aside and get your contact paper or laminating pouch. Add different colored tissue paper or whatever you have to your contact paper. You can also add glitter! If you are using contact paper, make sure you seal the edges well so it doesn’t come apart.
- Once you’re done with adding all the fun elements to the contact paper, hole punch it at the top and then using the string, tie a knot. Now you have a fun sun catcher!
- Once the card and sun catcher are finished, you can tape the sun catcher inside for a nice surprise.
- Finish the card by adding a nice sentiment or a drawing. Voila!