The Mountain View Mansion Murder
Mr. Smith is having a party at his mansion on Mountain View Hill. He invites six friends up to his new mansion, but one of them is guilty of murder. When the lights go out unexpectedly, one of the guests finds Mr. Smith’s lifeless body on the floor. Can you solve the mystery before it’s too late?
“This was a great activity to use with my students when I needed something for the morning classes to do because the afternoon classes weren’t going to be meeting. It was a great activity that involved team work. Students had fun and were engaged.” – Melissa C.
NOW INCLUDES DIGITAL MYSTERY ACCESS PERFECT FOR DISTANCE LEARNING!
What is included?
- Teacher setup instructions with detailed information about each page
- Different ways to play the game
- Graphic Organizer Breakdown
- Inference Sentence Frames
- Mystery introduction
- 25 clues to solve the mystery
- 6 different graphic organizers to choose from!
- Answer key
- Discussion Questions
- Access to the Digital Mystery
- Graphic organizer with example
What skills will we be working on?
There are so many different skills that students will be working on, that it would be impossible to list them all, but here are a few:
- Team building
- Problem solving
- Reading comprehension
- Critical thinking
What materials do I need?
- Paper and ink to print materials
- Just print and go!
What do I need for the digital mystery?
- Access to the internet
- Access to Google Sites
- Access to Google Forms
- PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR STUDENTS HAVE ACCESS TO GOOGLE SITES
- If you are doing the digital mystery, there are a few things you’ll need to do before you get started. I highly suggest you TEST THE LINK on a student device to see whether or not they have access to the site. Go through the mystery and see how it would look to a student. If you do not have access to Google Sites, you may need to contact your district or school’s IT department for further assistance.